Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Uber Flashback!

During the first week of November, WEGS is returning to our "home" con - Ubercon. I'm working on a press release for a local paper, and had to dig up some facts on WEGS. This Ubercon will be the official two year anniversay of launching WEGS games. I first unveiled WEGS at Ubercon in 2005 (seems a lot longer ago though... ). The game was then being called WEGS Copper.

Here's the original promo blurb I ran:

"An Ubercon premiere! Ages 16+. Rules taught! Familiarity with rpgs helpful. Join us round the gaming table for an introductory session of WEGS-Copper, the entry level for the Wickedly Errant Game System. WEGS is an old school sword and sorcery rpg that revels in the "let's get a game together tonight" mentality. Flavored with an air of whimsical high-fantasy, the rules are energized by an errant rule system which encourages players to take risks and, most of all, have fun. Players should do all they can to defy the odds because there's never any knowing what's going to happen next in the Wegsworld. It's all a matter of odds and gods - the odds of making the roll, the gods of chance. Come join us for marvelous adventure!"

I still use little bits and pieces of this for my current press releases - but, boy, has the system changed! There was a solid year of playtests and then re-writes all the way up to July of this year. With WEGS 101 now behind me, I'm focusing my energies on getting Copper to print.

And Ubercon is so close now, I can smell it...

Only a few weeks to go!

No comments: