Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Game In A Week, Part 5

Tuesday PM

The game is pretty much as done as it can be. The system is 98% complete. The layout is 80% complete. Trying to make this as polished as possible because I doubt I will circle back to work on this any time soon. I think Big Bang (that's part of the title) has got a lot of potential, but I've got tons of other things (somebody say WEGS?) to keep me busy. Not to mention my 9 to 5 whipping...

Of all the things that inspired this game, it was the South Korea flag that set the character sheet on its way...

I'm no expert on Korea, but I've absorbed a lot of topical information the last phew days so I'm no longer totally ignorant. From shamanism to the trigrams on the flag, this competition had the side benefit of opening up my mind a little and making it think outside the game box. Plus I now know that the 38th Parallel also divides Maryland and Virginia on the Eastern Shore... I'm suddenly a global genius....

No comments: