Monday, November 19, 2007

And The Winner Is...

Yes... Big Bang Mudang won the Iron Mace Game Chef competition. Though there seemed to be about 6 folks who entered, only 2 submitted games to be judged. So, there was a 50/50 chance for me to get the prize. It's disappointing that more folks didn't finish, but it was well worth the effort from my standpoint. BBM has been like lightening striking. I am very confident about the dice mechanics and the theme. My hope is to publish this game by Feb. of 2008. It is so outrageous and so unlike WEGS. It is a game that has come out of the blue in a fit of desperation. It was the last thing I needed to be doing, but it was the first thing on my list to get done. There's a lot to be said for deadlines and creativity. On the flight back from MACE, I kept thinking about the loose ends of the game. By the time the plane landed, I had come to conclusions on the game's theme and motifs. This is a game I am going to finish and release asap. My style is to keep working and working something until it is perfect - and then spend more time on improving it. I'm not doing that with BBM. It will be done soon. It was an insane diversion of a game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

El Willy said...

Thanks, Mel! Hopefully, I'll throw this on the Dreamation schedule and see if folks want to get Mudanged!