Monday, November 12, 2007

Game In A Week, Part 3...

Monday - PM
Yesterday I was designing a game about a battle across space/time between a shaman stargazer and a Belgian priest astrophysicist... It all started when I stumbled across an ancient Korean star-gazing tower and then saw a documentary on Big Bang theories... It had incredible potential as both men were fueled by spiritual energies in the face of technology. Each player tried to push the other(s) towards an event horizon - the cosmic point of no return... Could've been fun, but I just can't connect all the dots. When I tested it against the Big Bang dice mechanics I wanted to implement, it all fell apart. Crappers!

Today, I'm still hooked on the Korean shaman and star-gazing tower. That's been the inspiration for the game design. I stumbled across some neat info on the South Korean flag, which has strong potential for character creation. Right now it looks like this game is going to be about creating a character and then battling the other players/shamans for dominion. Don't want to give too much away, though. It might all crumble...

The good thing is that my Big Bang dice mechanic can still be salvaged!

No comments: