Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Story Thus Far...

At this point, I've blogged for an audience of about 12 folks for roughly a month. This weekend 3 of the 12 advised me that they, in fact, were not reading the blog. That leaves me with 9 of you hanging on my every word...

So where are we at this point in the story?

Not too far along, I fear.

To bring you up to speed:

Somewhere around the turn of the century, I set my sights on self-publishing a sword-n-sorcery game I created called WEGS - the Wickedly Errant Game System. It is an adventure game wherein the players create heroic characters and sally forth into a world chock full of magic and mayhem. Like other games of its ilk, it is a pencil, paper and dice based game. Basic math is required, as is a willing imagination. All these components tag it as a geek game, which is perfectly all right with me.

That was seven years ago...

Somewhere around 2005, I had finally gotten the game to a point I was ready to release it to the unsuspecting hoards of gamers who were yearning for something new to sink their teeth into. The game was now being called WEGS Copper. Copper being the first level of play. The introduction to the game system. The point of entry. I began playtesting this game at several local game conventions. At the same time, I was lining up artists to illustrate the book and doing initial research on the steps to self-publishing. Sights were set to publish by August 2006.

That was two years ago...

Sometime during the middle part of 2006, I came to realize that WEGS Copper would not be released during that summer as planned. A fall release was the next target - but that too became problematical.

And here we are...

It's now the middle part of 2007. My plans for June blogging is to fill in some of the gaps that got me to the point I am today.

41

2 comments:

A.P. Klosky said...

Never fear, El Willy! The WittCrew reads the tales!

See you at Origins, mate!

--Andy

El Willy said...

WittCrew U Rock!

Looking forward to Origins.

Can't wait to game with y'all once more!

Thanks, Andy!