Monday, January 7, 2008

To The Land Of Tolkien and Gilbert and Sullivan...

A great start to 2008: GameWick has its first sale to the United Kingdom! In a matter of days, an official copy of WEGS 101 will touch base on foreign shores! This just so happens to sync up with the start of my work on the next WEGS 101 release: Pirates of Penzantium! A title inspired by the Gilbert & Sullivan comic opera... You gotta love the overseas synergy!

Quick trivia question for all twelve or fifteen of you who read this blog: Which WEGS 101 Ark Skill takes it title from a lyric in the aforementioned comic opera? There's a little prize for the first person who gets this correct (no Wegshogs allowed to answer). And, while we're on rules of this contest - only one answer per person...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya's Larry and Wegshogs!

Oddly enough, you've picked one of my favorite musicals... and, you all should be glad I'm not around to sing it...

You're referring to Cat-like Tread, I'm hoping, from when the pirates and the police are singing?

El Willy said...

"With cat-like tread upon our prey we steal... In silence dread our cautious way we feel..."

Bingo, Barbara - you got it! That was a quick contest! OK. OK. You've won an official deck of WEGS 101 Skill Cards. They're at the printers now, but we should have them in early Feb.

Shoot me an email and we can coordinate how to get 'em to ya!

Anonymous said...

Heh, you picked one of my favorite musicals, how could I not answer fast!

Thanks much! I'll drop you an e-mail now :)