Friday, August 10, 2007

Sound Some Trumpets Or Something...

WEGS officially was being printed this morning. The books will be shipped directly from the printer to GenCon; and unless something goes seriously wrong, WEGS will be officially released at GenCon next week. I signed off on the printer's proof earlier this week. It was the fourth proof from them in the course of the last month. Since announcing WEGS was finished on July 7, we've been through three more revisions/proofs. Every time we got a new proof back, we found changes that we needed to make. This culminated in a final proofreading which generated even more changes. It was a process that could have probably gone on forever. It's just my style to keep working and working and working on something until the final possible moment. I think I'm the type of person who can finish the 90% without a problem, but the final 10% kills me...

For the first time in three years, I'm walking around without a proof or draft of WEGS in my bag. It's a very strange feeling, but there are so many other tasks associated with getting this book published that I haven't allowed myself to enjoy this new found freedom. It'll all catch up to me post-GenCon when the book has finally be launched.

Besides, I need to start to put the finishing touches on WEGS Copper...

No sleep for the wicked...

2 comments:

A.P. Klosky said...

Congratulations, El Willy! Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like...

Just remember to hook us old WittFolk up, so we can throw down some spoints!

El Willy said...

You got it! We'll coordinate a special WittCon care package post GC. Maybe I'll throw in some spointage...