Friday, August 24, 2007

7

As I was wrestling with the fact that we sold a mere 7 books at GenCon, I started to laugh. Yes, it is a pathetic number of sales, but it also is the most important number in Craps. On the come out roll, I would have just won - and been paid a matching amount to my initial bet (assuming I had my money on the pass line...). Now it's just a matter of me finding the pit boss and getting paid...

I've been telling folks that this trip to GenCon was like a vacation to Vegas where I lost all my money, but never actually got a chance to gamble or sit by the pool drinking rum runners. So, it was a Vegas vacation without the vacation. From airfare to hotels to shipping, a trip to GenCon is an expensive proposition.

Inauspicious beginnings aside, 7 has been associated with this game from the start. Heck, we finished the book on 07/07/07! I'm no sayer of sooths but if I had thought about it, I could've predicted the GenCon sales... and that wouldn't have stopped my from going to the con.

The game is on, folks!

4 comments:

Mel White said...

Larry,
But a 'Magnificent Seven'...
A '007: License to Thrill'...

I'm glad to see the book is out!
Mel

Anonymous said...

actually its 11 with me buying one and a 3 hour time difference. Also the game can only go up in sales. You did a great job ...be proud...I want the first copper sales or I will haunt you at yalamoo...

d'elvis

A.P. Klosky said...

You'll have at least another 4, once we put in our order out at Witt!

Never despair, El Willy! With all those 7s, you're looking at a Good Shot!

El Willy said...

Hey folks!

No despair here really - it's all good from my point of view. It was a lot of fun getting to this point and will remain fun as long as the gaming is good!

Thanks for your support!

See ya all soon!